CTRL+ALT ZOMBIE ESC
A solo game jam made in ~50 hours about surviving a zombie apocalypse. There are 4 different endings (5 if you count dying) that you can uncover. A single playthrough can take as little as a few minutes if you know what to do and the RNG gods are on your side. Average playthrough seems ~30 minutes.
- Press "?" to open up the help menu. (`Shift+/` sorry non EN keyboard / dvorak users)
- Generally read the screen, anything in square brackets can be pressed on the keyboard to activate it. i.e. press the [t] key to "Play with [T]urtles", etc
- "Shift+I" opens up your inventory, and shows how many HP you have.
- Go to your bedroom (where you start) and press [R] to rest. It will pass the time until the next morning. If you have any food, you'll eat it and regenerate your HP.
- Killing enough zombies will get you more max HP after a sleep.
- Read descriptions, they change based on what items you have in your inventory.
- Every action progresses time. The clock is displayed at the top.
- Watch the clock! Night is dangerous, more encounters, harder to run away. More likely to run into giant hordes that will mess up your face.
- Hidden stats like: noise weapons make, critical strikes, etc. Play around with different weapons.
- Scavenge a lot: drop rates are really low.
# Source Code
All source code, including the python script that generates the ASCII art is available here:
Bleeding edge version of the game can be played on gitlab pages (ie: this gets updated whenever I push to master, may or may not be working at any given time)
# Dev Notes
I've been trying to do a game a month, but this month I won't have access to my computer for 2 weeks so I had to rush. I waffled a while and couldn't figure out what to make, this game was a happy accident. There's a few endings I missed, and I was planning on going through and rewriting everything with more of an Earthbound flavor (my first pass was generic zombie stuff) but ran out of time. Oh well.
I'm posting this a little early since I will be AFK and not able to make updates if there are game breaking bugs.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.